Prep Time: 1 hourBaking Time: 2 hours 55 minutesYields: 12-14 slices
Tangy, sweet, and speckled with subtle salty notes, our Sweet n Salted Caramel Drizzle Cheesecake is a delightful dessert that highlights our holiday edition of Salted Caramel Drizzle Brownie Brittle. Our thick, creamy cheesecake base is piled high with thin and crispy Salted Caramel Drizzle Brownie Brittle and light, airy caramel popcorn. Whether you're team salty or sweet, you won't have to choose with this dessert that checks all the boxes! Try it year-round with our popular Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle and add your own drizzle.
- 1 1/2 cup Salted Caramel Drizzle Brownie Brittle, crushed in blender
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 24 oz (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (144g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Salted Caramel Drizzle Brownie Brittle bits
- To make the cheesecake crust, preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in. Set prepared pan aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar powdered Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle and flour in a large mixer bowl on low speed until well combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly to combine after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust.
- Place the springform pan inside another larger pan.
- Fill the outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes. The center should be set, but still jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 30 minutes. The cheesecake will continue to cook, but slowly begin to cool as well.
- Crack the door of the oven for 30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to continue to cool slowly. This process helps prevent cracking.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and remove the water bath and wrapping.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until completely cool and firm, 5-6 hours.
- When the cheesecake is cool and firm, remove it from the springform pan and place on a serving dish.
- Prior to serving, press a 1/2 a cup of the remaining crushed Salted Caramel Drizzle Brownie Brittle in a ring around the cheesecake and larger pieces of Brownie Brittle on top of the cheesecake with sprinkles of caramel popcorn. Serve cheesecake slices with caramel sauce if preferred.
- Store cheesecake in the fridge. Cheesecake is best for 3-4 days.
Don't forget to share your creations! Tag @browniebrittle on social media for a chance to be featured!