Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes
Yields: 6 ice cream cookie sandwiches
Loaded with cold, refreshing ice cream and English toffee sweetness, our Heath Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are a rich and delicious way to incorporate Heath Brownie Brittle into your favorite chocolate cookie recipe and take this traditional summer treat to a whole new level!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered Heath Brownie Brittle (crushed in food processor)
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder (dutch process of you have it)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heath Bar Toffee Pieces
- Pinch of sea salt for each cookie if desired for garnish
- With your mixer, cream together softened butter and granulated sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, powdered Heath Brownie Brittle, cocoa powder, baking soda, and table salt.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- At this point it should be a very thick dough!
- Fold in chocolate chips and Heath Bar toffee pieces.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover, and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop 1 rounded tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie on ungreased baking sheets.
- Leave about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately after the cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle them with a pinch of sea salt, if desired.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Take two cookies and sandwich your favorite flavor ice cream in between.
- We chose a salted caramel flavor to bring out the toffee flavor of our Heath Brownie Brittle!
- Roll ice cream portion of cookie sandwich in crushed Heath Bar and Heath Brownie Brittle pieces. day!
Don't forget to share your creations! Tag @browniebrittle on social media for a chance to be featured!