Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 8 Cookies
You're in the mood for a fresh baked cookie, but don't want to make a cookie jar's worth? Our small-batch Double Chocolate Chip Crispy Cookies might just be the sweet answer you've been looking for!
- 5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. To ensure your cookies don't get too "cakey,' we recommend spooning flour into your measuring cup. Do not compact or flatten. This helps ensure you don't use too much flour.
- Now, in a mixing bowl, combine browned butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix on medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once fully combined, slowly add flour mixture. Mix on low until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and most of the Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle. Save a little to top cookies later.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer). Now is probably the time to preheat your over to 350 F
- Preheat oven to 350 F if you have not already.
- Spoon out 8 dough balls and evenly space them on a baking tray.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Check at 10 minutes to see if cookies have golden brown edges. If not, add 1-2 minutes before checking again.
- Remove cookies from oven, sprinkle remaining crumbles on top of hot cookies.
- To flatten cookies and get the nice crinkle and shape, bang (yes, bang) the pan on the counter. This will cause the cookies to flatten nicely.
- Let them cool and enjoy a soft, chewy, crunchy chocolatey cookie creation! And don't forget to share your sweet creations with us on Instagram. Tag @browniebrittle!