Who doesn't love that sweet and salty perfection known as toffee... The fabulous One Sweet Mama crafted a delicious twist using our Almond Brownie Brittle and we had to share it right away! We love this recipe for warm months, because there is no oven required (although there is a little time spent at the stovetop). Dive in to her recipe and then dig in!
- Almond Brownie Brittle - 280 grams (Approx. two 5 ounce bags)
- Sugar - 250 grams or 1 ¼ cup
- Butter - 113 grams or ½ cup
- Salt - 2 grams or ½ tsp
- Sunflower Lecithin - 2 grams or ¼ tsp
- Water - 60 grams or ¼ cup
- Almonds, whole - 100 grams or ¾ cup
- Almonds, chopped - 140 grams or 1 ½ cup
- Dark Chocolate, chopped into pieces - 150 grams or 1 cup
- 9x13” sheet pan with raised edges
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- High heat spatula or wooden spoon
- Candy thermometer
- Heavy duty thick bottomed pot
1. Line a 9x13 “ sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper.
2. Place squares of almond brownie brittle on the tray, covering the bottom. Set aside.
3. In a heavy duty, thick bottomed pot, combine: sugar, butter, salt, sunflower lecithin, and water.
4. Cook on medium heat until all sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Increase heat to high.
5. Cook until temperature reaches 308F-310F. This takes approximately 18 minutes. Turn off heat.
6. Add whole almonds, stir briefly until combined.
7. Pour toffee directly on top of brownie brittle squares. Spread it into an even layer.
8. Top with dark chocolate. Let chocolate sit for two minutes before touching.
9. Spread dark chocolate into an even layer on toffee.
10. Top with chopped almonds.11. Cool completely. Break into pieces.
12. Store in an airtight container.
- Sunflower lecithin can be replaced by soy lecithin. Both of these can be found on Amazon or at a local health food grocery store (Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc). The lecithin is to keep the toffee from separating.
- Dark chocolate chips may also be used in place of chopped chocolate.
- Toffee is best after 24 hours of sitting to let the sugar crystal structure set up and become “melt in your mouth.”
Don't forget to share your creations! Tag @browniebrittle on social media for a chance to be featured!